Contact us!

We use airbnb.com to book our rooms, but if you have questions and want to call or email, please feel free!
206-973-3278, synergybnb@gmail.com

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Grateful

I wanted to own a B&B  (well, at least work in one) since I was 13. Someone asked me why that was and I just knew I wanted to meet interesting people and have a small, but important impact on their lives, even if it's just for a little while. I also wanted to be homeschooled (while working in the B&B, of course) so that I would be free to learn what I wanted, especially if a stranger passed through with an awesome career or who was an artist, or who just knew of cool things to check out. I always wanted to work at home and wanted to pick careers with this distinct possibility.

Such is life that I now work full time in an office, but I am so grateful to come home to my house and B&B, and meet new people from all over the world. It's a normal day when stories of places visited and cultural similarities and differences are shared as food is prepared and dishes are washed. Who knew this would be my life after all?

This past year of adventure has changed me. I'm more open, more patient, more forgiving, more compassionate. Sharing quick, intimate moments with people is an amazing gift I am given on a regular basis. To all our guests, thank you! You've taught us more than you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment