Contact us!

We use airbnb.com to book our rooms, but if you have questions and want to call or email, please feel free!
206-973-3278, synergybnb@gmail.com

Friday, July 15, 2011

When It Rains, It Pours

It's the middle of July and I am wearing a hoodie. It's 71 degrees now, but it didn't look promising this morning. The clouds burned off a little and it seems as though the sun might stay for the rest of the day. I'm not holding my breath.

Such is the life in Seattle. Not exactly sure what we'll get each day, despite the trend of nature toward "seasons." I've given up on seasons. It's either warm-ish or cold-ish here. My friends and I have started to describe the weather in terms of layers, "It's a 2-3 layer day."

At Synergy though, when it "rains," we're not talking about the weather or layers. At the moment, it's "raining" awesome, interesting, and amazing guests. And guests are good for our Synergy gardens where we sow trust, collaboration, and creativity and reap laughter, connection and memories. Corny? Maybe. True? Definitely. The sunshine comes from within at Synergy. The warmth, the light, and the fun come from how we connect to each other here.

We named our place Synergy B&B because of the combined effect of two or more things (people, components, etc) creating a greater thing than they could on their own. That's how we feel everyday here.

Josh will be transitioning into more of the daily operations of Synergy as he moves into working from home more and focusing on his tea company, B. Fuller's Mortar and Pestle. I'll still get to do what I love at Synergy, but will now get to split the work to fit my schedule better. I can't wait!

We'll be hosting a lot of families coming up in the next few weeks. Very exciting! While we don't have kids yet ourselves, it's really interesting to cater to a whole different clientele. I've already started composing a list of activities and kid-friendly restaurants that we can hand out to our guests. And hopefully we'll get to share more as our guests find new places I've never even heard of before. What I love is that I know a lot of places in and around Seattle, but our adventurous guests always bring back new gems and we get to see our city with new eyes. Who knew?

We've already started planning for our open house for beginning to mid Fall. We can't wait to show people around the place. It seems to change all the time.

This summer has been incredible so far and I look forward to completing our first year as a B&B and seeing what's in store for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment